In your life’s defining moments there are two choices–you either step forward in faith and power, or you step backward into fear.–James Arthur Ray
The Neighborhood Services Program provides individuals and families with basic material needs (emergency food and assistance with obtaining utilities/prescriptions) on an as needed basis. Two certified Benefit Bank counselors are on site to assist individuals & families gain access to public benefit programs.
Christmas Care/One New Toy- program is provided annually in partnership with the Central Ohio Labor Council as well as a coalition of schools, organizations, businesses, civic groups, government, and over 900 volunteers. We, along with our partners, try to ensure that families registered in this program receive food for a week and at least one new toy for children newborn to fourteen, living in the home.
Saturday December 17 & Sunday December 18
Last year we served 2989 families with food for a week and at least one new toy for those registered in our holiday program. The need is even greater this year!
St. Stephen’s Community House in partnership with you and the Central Ohio Labor Council will join forces to make the holidays bright for the families we serve. You can support us by:
- Donating directly on line from our home page Donate Now button
- Purchasing an item listed below
Items Needed for Distribution:
- New Toys for children ages infant – 14 years of age.
- Gift cards are appropriate for youth ages 12-14.
- Cash/ check donations to purchase fresh food items such as chickens, fruits/ vegetables, milk & bread.
- Non-perishable food items
In the event you or your business has an abundance of toys and or food for our families, we will be happy to arrange a pick-up the week of December 12 through December 16! Please call 264.6347 ext. 100.
If you have questions regarding toys or donations, please call 264.6347 ext.124, Renea Williams will be available to serve you.
Please, help us help the many families in need this holiday season; no gift is too small. Please pray and ask God to show you how to “present” your best gift ever this holiday season.
Living Well In Linden Initiative- this initiative focuses on providing health & wellness services to the Linden community. The three components started in April 2010
- Bike Loan Program – loans bicycles to individuals/families to increase physical fitness.
- Community Garden – a fruit/vegetable garden on-site at the agency for community residents and program participants to volunteer and receive the harvest.
- Choice Food Pantry – allows individuals/families to “choose” food for their family.